Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Looking back at my journey....


Two weeks away from graduation now and I will like to reminisce on the experiences on my journey to mastery. My professors continue to emphasize the magnitude of our accomplishment, saying that we are part of a small number of people with an advance degree. In the last year, I have had the pleasure to learn first hand from industry professionals. My journey began with courses that focused on executive leadership. During this part of my journey, I learned a lot about myself. Courses like project and team management certainly help me at not only understanding my leadership skills but at refining them. This course also helped me understand the many tactics and ways I can be an effective leader in a team or a project. The middle part of my journey to mastery included a lot of business classes and concepts. We began with branding and storytelling. This course was where I first developed my brand logo. It was an interesting course; we learned about the meanings of the colors on logos as well the many types of logos out there. My favorite business class, surprisingly, was business finance. Sure, this class was complicated and challenging, but I certainly learn so many things about the financial aspect of running a business that I never knew before. I was lucky enough to get digital marketing again. It was a class that I used to refresh my memories on some of the best practices when it comes to digital marketing tactics. I expect this month to challenge me in recalling all the things I have learned so far this year. With graduation less than 2 weeks from today, I will like to proof to myself that I have exceeded my expectations on how much applicable things I have learned in my journey to mastery.

No comments:

Post a Comment